The Minnesota Lynx absolutely dominated the Indiana Fever on Friday night.
The Minnesota Lynx and Timberwolves have truly been making the Xcel Energy Center their home these last few months. Less than 24 hours removed from the franchise auditioning folks to be the new PA announcer for the Timberwolves, the Lynx held a home game in St. Paul which resulted in a huge win.
How huge could it be? Recording breaking huge.
The Lynx defeated the Indiana Fever by a score of 111-52. Yes, you read that correctly. The 59 point margin of victory is the largest in WNBA history.
The Lynx PR department sent out a bunch of other records that the team broke in the dominating game.
- Largest halftime lead in WNBA history at 45 points
- Most points in a first half in franchise history with 68 points. One point short of the WNBA record for points in a first half.
- Ironically, the record was set by the Phoenix Mercury over the Lynx in 2010.
- Most field goals in any half in franchise history with 27 field goals.
- Tied for the most points in a quarter with 37 in franchise history.
- The Lynx had a 37-0 run that lasted 12 minutes and 59 seconds. That is the most consecutive points ever scored in a WNBA game.
More from Sporting Sota
Sylvia Fowles led the way for the Lynx with 25 points in the game. Renee Montgomery had 20 points in a starting role.
The huge victory was despite the Lynx missing starters Lindsay Whalen and Rebekkah Brunson.
The victory was sorely needed for Minnesota. The Lynx had found themselves in a rough spot by losing three out of their last four going into the game on Friday night.
Minnesota will look to continue their record breaking ways in their next game on Sunday when they travel to New York to take on the Liberty.
Want your voice heard? Join the Sporting Sota team!Write for us!
Sporting Sota is your home for all things Minnesota sports! Keep it here for all your Minnesota Lynx, Timberwolves, Gophers, Vikings, Twins and Wild needs!